XLA is looking for multiple Administrative Security Assistant to support our government customer in Farmers Branch, TX. Please note that all applicants must be eligible to obtain a US Government Security Clearance.
The Administrative Security Assistant will initiate, receive, review and determine the accuracy and completeness of personnel security forms.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the security application process and assist applicants through the process.
- Supports the development of contract deliverables.
- Conducts database checks, inquiries, and performs data entry using a variety of U.S. Government database systems.
- Prepare personnel security files (PSF).
- Receive, review and determine the accuracy and completeness of applicant forms required for Background Investigations (BI).
- Determines the accuracy and completeness of the personnel security questionnaire.
- Runs credit reports, processes fingerprint cards, conducts agency checks, and evaluates results.
- Identifies potential reciprocity and previous investigations, issues on security forms and obtains any missing information from applicant.
- Verifies the appropriate level of background investigation being requested.
- Processes requests for clearances, withdrawal letters, declination letters, and prepares email notifications.
- Performs general clerical functions to include: data entry, database and file maintenance.
- Provides customer service to internal and external customers via email and phone.
- Maintains the PSU file and mailrooms.
- Ensures all documents required for suitability processing are included, completed and ready for EOD (Entry on Duty).
- Assists other teams (Investigations, Intake, EOD, File Room, etc.) on special projects as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalency is required.
- Two (2) + year’s clerical/administrative experience, additional education may be substituted for experience.
- Must be a self-starter, show initiative and be reliable.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and customer service skills..
- Attention to detail, deadline conscious, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Must be skilled in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) with the ability to navigate between multiple programs simultaneously. Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance. Clearance Requirements (order of preference):
ICE Public Trust (6c)
DHS Public Trust