Coordinates and participates in the design healthcare grants and contracts in the Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE). In collaboration with the principal investigator or project lead, conducts literature reviews and environmental scans, synthesizes information and data, prepares and presents briefings and drafts written reports. Develops study procedures and protocols, timelines and minutes; assists with design of data collection instruments, collects quantitative and qualitative data; trains staff and implements quality control assessments to ensure the project deliverables are of high quality and meet or exceed sponsor requirements. Communicates effectively with multidisciplinary teams of statisticians, clinicians, investigators, project staff and external stakeholders to ensure project is implemented smoothly. Participates in the preparation of grant and contract proposals, institutional review board applications, data use requests, progress reports, and final project reports/deliverables.
1. Collaborates with the principal investigator/project lead and other senior staff in developing inclusion/exclusion criteria, designing study procedures including quality control assessments, developing progress reports, technical reports, and other documentation as needed.
2. Leads literature reviews and assessment of existing relevant documentation to inform project protocol , methods and procedures. Synthesizes information and prepares oral/written summary of results.
3. Identifies healthcare data sources, determines reliability and validity of data, assesses cost effectiveness of various data collection strategies, reviews healthcare data (ICD) codes and pilots data collection instruments and procedures.
4. Evaluates published data reports and analyzes information such as aggregate hospital or patient data to inform project design and assist investigators in comparing and summarizing findings such as reports on trends in hospital performance and patient outcomes.
5. Prepares briefings, project reports, presentations and final technical reports utilizing a variety of computer software packages including MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Project, Endnote and MS Visio.
6. Coordinates and conducts regular meetings with multidisciplinary project teams to provide updates on project status and ensure timelines and goals and objectives are met.
7. Interacts and serves as liaison with internal and external collaborators including faculty, investigators, statisticians, clinicians, and administrative/business office staff as well as other stakeholders including participating hospitals, government agencies, pharmaceutical companies, sponsors, and national professional organizations.
8. Designs and develops logs, files, records, questionnaires and other related materials necessary to ensure the project procedures and deliverables are documented and archived appropriately.
9. Participates in data collection including abstraction of medical/technical information and structured and unstructured interviews.
10. Drafts sections of grant or contract proposals, prepares institutional review board applications, data use requests, progress reports, and final project reports/deliverables Coordinates public awareness and information on projects. Performs outreach work designed to recruit project participants, technical experts and other collaborators.
Other information: THIS POSITION IS CO-TERMINUS WITH FUNDING.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in public health, epidemiology, healthcare, human services or related field. Masters degree preferred.
A minimum of two (2) years experience indicating ability to effectively communicate with people regarding complex tasks, to work with minimal supervision, to work with a variety of computer software programs, and to be receptive to variety of duties to support projects. Preferably this experience will be in a research setting. A masters degree may substitute for 1 year of work experience.
Comprehensive knowledge of research methodology and protocols and survey methods. Comprehensive knowledge of policies pertaining to research studies involving human subjects. Well-developed oral and written communication, statistical, organizational, analytical, and interviewing skills. Must demonstrate excellent organization ability, communication skills, computer skills and knowledge of research process. Thorough knowledge of survey methodology. Thorough knowledge of policies pertaining to research using human subjects. Thorough knowledge of computer software packages such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint. Developed interviewing, oral and written and communication, analytical, statistical, and organizational skills.
Responsible for adhering to research methodology and project timelines. Must demonstrate excellent organizational ability, communication skills, computer skills, and knowledge of statistical analysis and research methodology.
Ensure data is collected in an accurate, confidential manner. Communicates with principal investigator and CORE staff about problems incurred in data collection or conducting study and makes recommendations for improvement. Ensures research project is carried out according to design and meets project timelines. Designs, develops, and coordinates study protocols, manuals and training materials.