DevOps Engineers at Zoom are responsible for deploying and operating core services for our applications and products. Our teams are put 100% into keeping the Zoom ecosystem up and running. Some of what they do involves but is not limited to; designing and implementing disaster recovery (DR) between different region data centers, troubleshooting complex production issues, design and implementing zero-downtime, partnering closely with the cloud vendor and infrastructure engineering team for security and service availability and providing a deep level of outage troubleshooting for systems and Zoom back end services. Our Global Emerging Talent Intern Program offers additional support through dedicated mentorship, technical training, a leadership speaker series, and team-specific events. Ample time is dedicated to networking and plenty of fun. Come spend your summer learning and applying your technical smarts at Zoom!
What you will do:
- Perform large-scale software application configuration and deployment of foundational services for Zoom’s video conferencing that make the company a household name.
- Capacity planning and scaling out services across the globe.
- Implement DevOps technologies and best practices to continually refine our global deployment infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other functional teams: R&D Engineering, Security, BigData, etc., to ensure production services reliability and availability.
- Provide escalation support to technical support engineers.
- Solid Linux system admin knowledge with shell or bash
- Experience with C, C++ or Python, PHP, Pearl, Go, and other scripting languages
- Working experience with Web Application Frameworks such as Django, and Flask
- Experience with GIT, Jenkins, and other DevOps and system monitoring tools
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience working with CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code tools: Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation.
- Available to complete the full 12-week internship program during Summer 2022, with a time commitment of approximately 40 hours per week.
- Kubernetes and Docker experience
- Experience with video conference technologies
***Sponsorship for employment visa status is not available for this position. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States***
***Please apply to no more than two Zoom Summer Internship roles****
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.