Vault Career Guide to Investment Management, Second Edition
An increasing number of people are investing their money to help pay for their future plans, whether those include paying for college, retirement security, or a dream family vacation. As such, more and more people are turning to investment managers for help in making smart choices with their money. For those who are up to the challenge and who love following financial markets, investment management can be rewarding. Those who like to take risks, work independently, and can think on their feet can forge a successful career in this financial sector.
The Vault Career Guide to Investment Management, Second Edition provides an insider’s perspective on what’s happening in the industry, what it takes to break in, and how to advance your career. Whether your goal is to help a young couple plan to buy their first home or to help an investment bank sell its assets, this guide will help you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider’s view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing, and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. Day in the Life profiles place you in the shoes of an established professional for one day, and an extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Scoop: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, its history, who works in it, and where it’s going.
- Getting Hired: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, interviewing, and getting in the door.
- On the Job: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites, and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.