Our pre-health advising team is committed to providing you with support and services for your pre-health goals.
Students and alumni may schedule pre-health advising appointments through Handshake. Appointment availability is added on a regular basis, up to two weeks out. Please note, we have a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments.
Pre-Health Quick Questions will take place Mondays 2pm-3:30pm and Thursdays 11am-12pm EST via phone. Please see below for instructions regarding scheduling.
The Pre-Health Newsletter is distributed 1-2 times a week and includes important information about pre-health events and opportunities. Click here for subscription directions.
A Pre-Health Advising appointment is a 30-minute session with a pre-health advisor to discuss any of the following:
- Course Planning
- Extracurricular Activities
- MCAT and application timing
- GPA concerns
- Allied health professions
- Application Preparation
- Summer and gap year ideas
- Veterinary and dental school plans
- General Questions
All Pre-Health Advising Appointments are scheduled through Handshake or by calling (215) 898-1789. Please note, we have a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments.
Pre-Health Quick Questions are a time to speak briefly with a pre-health advisor to ask quick questions. Quick Questions are held at least once a week during the academic year and an updated schedule can be found on the Career Services Same Day Advising schedule.
- During the semester, Pre-Health Quick Questions will take place on Mondays 2pm-3:30pm and Thursdays 11am-12pm. Appointments will be by phone rather than in-person. Procedures for scheduling an appointment are as follows:
- Navigate to Handshake’s Career Center and choose “Pre-Health Quick Questions (Phone)” under either the “Same Day Advising” or the “Pre-Graduate School Advising” categories.
- You must provide a phone number where we can reach you.
- If your appointment request is approved, an advisor will call you at your scheduled appointment time.