Our pre-health advising team is committed to providing you with support and services for your pre-health goals.
As of March 16th, 2020, all Pre-Health Advising Appointments will take place remotely via telephone or the Bluejeans online platform. Students and alumni may schedule pre-health advising appointments through Handshake. Appointment availability is added on a regular basis, up to two weeks out.
All Pre-Health Advising Appointments are scheduled through Handshake or by calling (215) 898-1789.
The Pre-Health Newsletter is distributed 1-2 times a week and includes important information about pre-health events and opportunities. Click here for subscription directions.
A Pre-Health Advising appointment is a 30-minute session with a pre-health advisor to discuss any of the following:
- Course Planning
- Extracurricular Activities
- MCAT and application timing
- GPA concerns
- Allied health professions
- Application Preparation
- Summer and gap year ideas
- Veterinary and dental school plans
- General Questions
Pre-Health Drop-in Hours are a time to meet briefly with a pre-health advisor to ask quick questions. Drop-in Hours are held at least once a week during the academic year, usually on Friday afternoons, and can be found on the Career Services Walk-in Hours schedule.
- Pre-Health Drop-ins will take place every Friday during the semester from 2p to 4p EST. Appointments will be by phone rather than in-person. Procedures for scheduling a drop-in appointment are as follows:
Appointments will be available starting at 9:15 AM EST on the day of drop-ins.
- Log into Handshake and choose “Same-Day Drop-In (Phone) – Pre-Health” as the appointment type.
- You must provide a phone number where we can reach you.
- If your appointment request is approved, an advisor will call you at your scheduled appointment time.
Pre-Health Advising Staff
- Coordinator, Becky Tamayo
- Senior Associate Director, Carol Hagan, PhD
- Associate Director, Caroline Wilky, PhD
- Associate Director, Mia Carpinello, JD
- Associate Director, Ariana Alexander, PhD