We are committed to serving students and alumni as they pursue graduate education. All appointments may be scheduled via Handshake. Appointment availability is added on a regular basis, up to two weeks out.
Carol Hagan, PhD, Senior Associate Director, Graduate School Advising
Dr. Hagan advises undergraduate students and alumni pursuing master or doctoral programs in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
Caroline Wilky, PhD, Associate Director, Graduate School Advising
Dr. Wilky advises undergraduate students and alumni pursuing master or doctoral programs in the STEM fields.
NOTE: If applying to programs in Nursing, Education, Counseling/Psychology, and Social Work/Social Policy/Social Welfare, please schedule an appointment via Handshake with Sharon Fleshman, Esther Ra, or John Tuton.
Schedule an Appointment
All Pre-Grad Advising Appointments are scheduled through Handshake. Please note, appointment availability is only added up to two weeks out. If you do not find an available slot that fits your schedule, please check back in regularly as new appointments are added on a daily basis.
At the start of the fall semester, appointment availability will be added for “Pre-Graduate Personal Statement/Resume Review” appointment types. Please select this 20-minute review appointment type to review your personal statement and/or resume for graduate program applications!
- You must upload a draft of the documents that you are seeking feedback on before you schedule your appointment. If a document draft is not uploaded before you schedule an appointment, your appointment request will be declined.
- To maximize the quality of our feedback and your opportunity to write an effective document, we will not “proofread” or “edit” your draft — we will provide you with a focused reader response to assist you with your revision process.
After completing a draft of your document:
- Read the document one last time to proofread, check for word choice, and assess the tone.
- Submit your draft by uploading the document to the Documents section of your Handshake Profile.
- Schedule a “Pre-Graduate Personal Statement/Resume Review” online appointment with a pre-grad advisor in the “Pre-Graduate School Advising” section of Handshake Appointments.