- Preparing for a career in medicine
- Planning gap year opportunities
- Applying to medical school
- Navigating the medical school admissions process
- Exploring a career in dentistry
- Preparing for a career in dentistry
- Applying to dental school
- Navigating the dental school admissions process
Other Health Professions
- Discover opportunities in various health professions
- Understand required coursework
- Plan your academic career
- Explore programs for professional education
Schedule an Appointment
Schedule an appointment to meet with a pre-health advisor.
Statistics for Pre-Health Penn Applicants
Review the programs and institutions attracting Penn pre-health students.
Resources for Pre-Health Applicants
View a selection of resources for clinical volunteering, community engagement and the application process.
“So, what do people usually ask during these appointments?” Pre-health advisors answer a lot of questions about grades, required courses and MCAT scores, which are important. The AAMC’s Advisor Corner asked advisors, “What question do you wish your advisees would …
Last year, AAMC had to make significant changes to the MCAT testing experience in response to the pandemic. This year some things have returned to normal (the full-length test has resumed, for example), but there are still pandemic-related changes to …
During the Pre-Health Chat: Finding Balance as a Pre-Health Student at Penn, Maya Moore CAS ’20 and Jakub Jarmula CAS ’19 shared reflections on managing competing priorities as pre-health students. Maya, a current medical school applicant, suggested tips for navigating the …
Clinical Volunteering in the Time of COVID
Volunteering your time to serve patients demonstrates traits essential to the practice of clinical medicine – including empathy, communication skills, a service ethic, and exposure to the profession. Of course, it has been difficult …