- Preparing for a career in medicine
- Planning gap year opportunities
- Applying to medical school
- Navigating the medical school admissions process
- Exploring a career in dentistry
- Preparing for a career in dentistry
- Applying to dental school
- Navigating the dental school admissions process
Other Health Professions
- Discover opportunities in various health professions
- Understand required coursework
- Plan your academic career
- Explore programs for professional education
Schedule an Appointment
Schedule an appointment to meet with a pre-health advisor.
Statistics for Penn Applicants
Review the programs and institutions attracting Penn pre-health students.
Resources for Pre-Health Applicants
View a selection of resources for clinical volunteering, community engagement and the application process.
Walking into a four-bed emergency department for the first time, I was greeted with an ambulance call. The paramedic excitedly reported two people were ejected from a vehicle and in critical condition – ETA 10 minutes. As I turned to greet …
Jimmy Bianchi, COL ’24, Scranton, PA
Prior to attending Penn, I had always aspired to attend medical school. However, I was both intimidated and excited by the vast array of professions one could pursue. During my second year at Penn, …
Have a look at the American Dental Education Association’s (ADEA) description of career paths in dentistry. Many pre-health students are surprised by the range of practice options and opportunities for advanced training.
Should I apply for this job?
Am I even qualified?
Will they call me back?
These are just some of the questions you may ask yourself when you start reviewing the “qualifications” section of a job listing you’re excited about. …
Many pre-health students wonder what the difference is between shadowing and clinical volunteering, as well as how much of these experiences they need before applying to professional school. Here’s a quick take:
Shadowing is observing a medical professional at work …