What Are Career Champions?
Penn Career Services welcomes faculty and staff across campus to join our pilot Career Champions Initiative. We are excited to officially launch this initiative for the start of the 2023-2024 academic year, and will have more information to share over the summer.
Being a career champion on campus means supporting students, postdocs, and alumni in any aspect of their professional and career development. Not everyone comes to Career Services for career advice, and we value our campus partners who share their perspectives and experiences to support the populations of students, postdocs, and alumni that we all serve in different ways. This initiative empowers you to make a direct impact on the success of our diverse community in unique and meaningful ways that align with your role at Penn.
By participating in the Career Champions Initiative, you’ll become an integral part of our campus network, gaining access to resources, career programming highlights, and event updates that you can share with the populations you serve at Penn, enriching their professional and career journeys. Get started by signing up for our quarterly newsletter below, and we will keep you updated about the most relevant career news and happenings on campus that students, postdocs, and alumni will find helpful. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to become a Career Champion, connect with colleagues at Penn who share your interests in professional and career development, and stay informed about the latest career resources and events. Sign up today!
But wait, there’s more! As a special thank you for joining our community, all staff and faculty who sign up for our newsletter will have the chance to schedule a professional headshot session in our brand-new photobooth that is arriving this summer. We want to make sure that you can also present your professional image in style.
More details on the Career Champions Initiative, the professional headshot sessions, and the next phases of this project will be shared in the newsletter. Here are some of the next steps you can expect over the coming year.
Our plan moving forward
- We will be showcasing the videos recorded from this year’s Penn Career Champions conference on this webpage – you can see videos from the previous two conferences below
- Look for our first official newsletter in August
- We want to know what resources and trainings will be most helpful for you as you support and engage with your different populations at Penn – we will be sending out a brief survey in the coming months so to capture some of this information
- We are already working on easy trainings to support your role as a campus career champion – we will be rolling these out over the course of the academic year
- Did you know Career Services will be moving locations in the summer of 2024 – we can’t wait to invite you to our new space when it opens. It will provide a wonderful opportunity to bring our career champions together!