Even when you are not looking to apply for jobs or internships, job boards can provide a wealth of information when it comes to exploring career paths. From using keywords from your own research and academic fields to see who is interested in your knowledge, to looking at what skills are valued in different roles, there is lots that can be gained from critically evaluating current job postings. We will use the job boards on LinkedIn and Handshake as examples to explore this approach.
• Career Explorer: https://careerservices.upenn.edu/reso…
• Imagine PhD: www.imaginephd.com
• myIDP: https://myidp.sciencecareers.org/
• ChemIDP: https://chemidp.acs.org/
• Aurora: https://careerservices.upenn.edu/reso…
• Handshake jobs: https://upenn.joinhandshake.com/postings
• LinkedIn Jobs: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/