Vault Career Guide to Advertising, Third Edition
Total advertising spending in the United States reached upward of $171 billion in 2013, according to eMarketer, continuing a spending rise since the Great Recession. Despite setbacks to traditional media—newspapers, radio, and television—digital advertising is booming and reshaping the industry. Smartphones and tablet computers have opened new channels to consumers, and new technologies have allowed advertisers to customize their ads for specific audiences. Well known for employing creative and talented people, the ad industry leads the forefront of using new technology to reach mass audiences. Only the most dedicated and inventive candidates can land the top jobs in this dynamic field.
The Vault Career Guide to Advertising, Third Edition provides an insider’s perspective on what’s happening in the industry, what it takes to break in, and how to advance your career. Whether your goal is to work for a major advertising agency or rise to the top at a local firm, this guide will help you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider’s view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing, and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. An extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Scoop: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, its history, who works in it, and where it’s going.
- Getting Hired: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, interviewing, and getting in the door.
- On the Job: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites, and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.